Newborn Sessions FAQ *Colorado Springs Newborn Photographer*

Hi there friends. Sometimes it's hard to think about a newborn session when you just spend an enormous amount of time in labor and delivery. That's why I think it's good to know some facts about newborn photography before you even have that new bundle of joy. Here are some information that I always share with my clients and thought that it would be useful to other expecting parents-to-be out there....

 What is a newborn session?
A newborn session is a photoshoot that is done normally between the 4th and 10th day after the child is born. I recommend this time period because the baby is still fairly small and can be posed in many different ways, especially those ones that resemble their fetal position. During this time period, baby typically sleeps a lot so we can work with him/her without disturbing his/her peace.

 A newborn session with me typically runs for about 2 hours. This gives us enough time to work with the baby and all of his/her needs. If the baby is fussy, the 2 hours designated for the session will allow breaks in between poses so that the baby can be fed or changed if necessary.

When should I schedule my newborn session?
You can schedule it anytime during your pregnancy. It would be good to have this penciled in the calendar at least 3 months in advance.
We will block a two week time period around your child’s due date. I take into consideration that baby comes whenever they want. That might mean before or a few days after the due date. 

What do I need to bring for my session?
My Newborn photoshoot philosophy has been to capture the “natural” beauty of the newborn baby so I don’t expect you to bring much besides your precious newborn.


I do photograph babies with family members so if you want to have some of these images done, please bring them with you during the session. If you are bringing small children, I ask that you take another adult with you so that they can watch over the other kids while we are doing our newborn poses.


If you have some clothing items or blankets that have sentimental value to you and the baby, you may bring that as well.  Prior to our session, I will ask this of you so that I can be aware of poses/images that you would like this to be incorporated in. 



 Through some research, I also found that if you are nursing, there are certain foods that affect your newborn. Some foods and drink that contain citric acid such as, grapefruit, cranberries and lemon affect your baby. Vegetables like Asparagus, Broccoli and Cabbage can make for a gassy newborn. As with anything, consult with your doctor if you have any questions or concerns about your child’s health and well-being.


I hope this helps you or a loved-one in welcoming a new baby. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to call (447-7838) or email me (through the contact tab on the side of this blog). Share this post to anyone that you think would benefit from it. 

Have a great day.

Signing off,
Grace

Comments

Popular Posts