My Favorite Prop *Colorado Springs Family Photographer*

Hi there friends. Today I've decided to take a little break from our "regular" posts and share with you my all time favorite prop. I love props for my photo shoots. They provide the "fun" element of the image without taking away from the main essence of the picture, which is my subject/s. 

Props can be as elaborate as you want it to be and sometimes they are quite expensive. But there is one thing in my "prop stash" that is inexpensive and yet yields great results. I'm taking about my "chalkboard". I purchased mine at a craft store using a 40% coupon. Plus a box of white chalk that can be purchased pretty much anywhere, you are ready to write a text to match any photo shoot theme...

Back to School

Family Session

Holiday Session

Newborn Announcement

Maternity shoot

Little People session, with their adorable faces

One year cake smash session (before all the cake fun, of course!)

And even senior session

As you can see, a simple chalkboard can be used in so many different ways. So for my friends out there that are looking into doing a DIY photo shoot, purchase a chalkboard and some chalk and see how that transforms your next image.

Thanks for stopping by. If you are already planning on getting a family portrait session done before Christmas, call me at 719-447-7838 or email me at graceelainetolman(at)yahoo(dot)com so we can schedule your photo shoot before it gets super cold or starts snowing on us here in the Springs. 

Have a great rest of the week. 

Signing off,
Grace

Comments

Popular Posts