Roberston Welcome Home Ceremony *Colorado Springs Event photographer*

What have you been filling your days with lately? For me it seems like I've been baking a TON lately. It might sound "sweet" but my hips are not agreeing with that. I'm just glad that today's cookies that I'd be baking are not for the family but instead for my son's Scout Pack meeting tonight. I'm hoping that I would be eating less cookies than what I would bringing. We shall see!

Anyways today's post is a touching one for me in so many levels. So about two weeks ago, I got a phone call from a friend and asked me if I can come with her family to the military base that night and take pictures when they welcome her husband back from a deployment.

At first, I was hesitant bec. I honestly don't know what to expect. Not only with photo situation but how the whole thing goes. I've never been to one and so it's the unknown that was scaring me but I'm trying to follow this quote..."what you fear the most is what you need to do today!" and so with that I said yes, cleared my sd cards and got all my equipment ready.

Here's some of my fave photos of that night...
When we got there, the first impression I had was how great the military was in providing a well executed activity where the families not only anticipate the return of their loved ones but it was also a venue where these families can have fun with activities and games they've prepared for them. I think this makes the waiting game easier for these families.

When I saw these brave servicemen all ligned up like this, it reminded me of my brother who is in the Navy, who just recently came back from a tour in the Middle East. This one really struck home for me. I was not able to attend my brother's welcome home ceremony but this one made me feel like I did.




and then the family finally got reunited. At this point, I just stepped back and started shooting. It was an amazing feeling to be capturing such an important event for my friend's family.








So glad that Julienne called me and even up to know I still feel so honored that I was there. Not only to take photos but also to personally witness how brave and special our service men and women are.




Signing off,


Grace

Comments

Popular Posts