Easy Valentine's treats *Colorado Springs Children Photographer

Hello everyone and Happy Valentine's Day.

I'm a mom of two and I find that during the holiday season,whether it's Christmas, Halloween or Valentine's day, I seem to ALWAYS be on the "late" side when I finally get my kid's treats done. For some reason, things get hectic and although I have these grand ideas planned, they never really pan out. Sounding like your life too? (I hope I'm not alone on this one)

Well this year's heart treats are pretty easy and quick to put together that I've decided to share it for those ones looking for some last minute ideas. :)

Pop Valentine Hearts
Cost for me is always the first consideration. I mean there are sooooo many cute ideas out there but if I factor in that I have to make treats in the ballpark of 50 (20 for my girl and 28 for my boy's class PLUS 2 teachers) the cost matters. That's why when I found this box of Tootsie Roll pops at Walmart that had 25 in each for about $4, I knew this is what I have to work with this year.

So with the pops bought, I needed to add some "personalization" to this treat. So I turned to my craft supply and cut out some hearts from my die cut machine. I cut two- red and a smaller one that's pink. I then glued the two hearts together, got my kid to write their's and their freind's name, punched two holes on the side and then tucked the pops. I also found some sticker sheets in my pile and had them "dress" up the hearts with stickers.

Easy peasy!

Here's another idea from last year's last minute treats....

Hearts with Chocolate bars
I used the same die cut machine to cut out hearts from pattern paper and then added that to some kraft cardstock hearts with scallops. On the pattern side I used some glue dots to add the small chocolate bars and then at the back, I stamped the "to" and "from", then had my son write the names.


here he is doing so well with the task.
So there you have it. Quick and easy ways to spread the love this Valentine's day.

Now off to attend the kids' Valentine Parties and enjoy some Valentine Chocolates. that's my favorite part. *wink*

Signing off,
Grace

Comments

Popular Posts